These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Baked Honey BBQ Popcorn Chicken
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A crunchy & saucy chicken recipe! You can use whatever kind of <span class="caps">BBQ</span> sauce you like, be creative! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: sallysbakingaddiction.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
2 pounds Boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 cup All purpose flour
5 cups Corn flakes cereal
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon Smoked paprika
1/4 cup Milk
FOR THE SAUCE:
3/4 cup BBQ of your choice
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Ketchup
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chicken pieces into a bowl of flour and stir until all pieces are coated.
- Stir the corn flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika together in a large bowl. In a different bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, and roll each piece in the corn flake mixture. Bake the chicken pieces for 18 minutes, flipping them over halfway through baking. While the chicken bakes, prepare the sauce.
- Put all ingredients in the sauce section into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- After baking, let the chicken pieces cool for 5 minutes. Put the pieces into a bowl and pour the sauce over the chicken. Stir gently to coat, then serve.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings