These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Arugula, Tomato & Peppery Sauce
From Stones River Market
<p>This recipe is shared with us from Kathleen Tyree.</p>Source: From Spaghetti Sauces; authentic Italian recipes from Biba Caggiano (Entered by John Erdmann)
Serves: Serves 4 - 6
4 cup Arugula (washed, patted dry, stems trimmed)
1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
6-8 tomatoes (trimmed & diced )
salt to taste
red pepper flakes to taste
1 lb spaghetti
1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano, divided
Step by Step Instructions
- Put water on to heat for pasta.
- Place arugula in the bowl of a food processor, add 2tbls olive oil, process until smooth, set aside
- Heat remaining oil in a medium saucepan, med. heat. Add garlic, stir until just beginning to turn golden. Add tomatoes.
- Season with salt and red pepper flakes, simmer over low heat stirring from time to time, until sauce has med-thick consistency (10-12 min).
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti in boiling salted water according to package.
- Stir pureed arugula into sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Drain pasta, place in a large, warm serving bowl. Add sauce and half of the cheese, mix until all are well combined.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Serve immediately with a big salad, crusty bread.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings